Table of contents
How to configure the "Download Manager"
Java Information as it is required for the B-Fabric Download Manager.
(1) Downloads using the B-Fabric Download Manager (a Java Application)
(2) Downloads via the Web browser
(3) Opens this "Resource Download" section of the user manual in a separate tab of the Web browser.
When you click on the icon next to the file, you can see the folder where the file was downloaded. By default, it is the "Downloads" folder of your computer.
How to change the download directory is described in section Configure Download Directory.
- After clicking the "Download " icon (1), click on "Keep" that appears on the bottom left of the screen for the jnlp file to be downloaded:
- You can see the downloaded jnlp file on the left bottom of the screen, after it is downloaded:
- This file is downloaded under "Downloads" folder of your computer and you can check it by clicking the icon on the right side of the file and selecting "Show in folder location":
- When you click on this jnlp file, it pops up a security warning asking whether you trust the content. Here you select "Always trust content from this publisher" so that next time this security check will be skipped. Then, click "Yes":
- When the download manager gets started, before it can begin to download, there is another security pop up asking whether you trust the content. Here you select "Always trust content from this publisher" so that next time this security check will be skipped. Then, click "Yes" and the download will start:
- Download Manager is downloading the resource. You can stop the download by clicking the button in the "Action" column:
- After stopping the download, the Download Manager screen looks like as below. You can resume the download by clicking the play button in the same column, "Action":
- When you click the path link (C:\Users\..) under the "Download Directory" column, you will see the folder location where the resource is being downloaded:
- You can also stop the download by clicking the close button (X) on the top right of the "Download Manager" screen. When you click, a pop up will appear asking your confirmation about closing the "Download Manager":
- When you click the "Close" button, the folder location where the resource was partly downloaded will appear:
- After closing the "Download Manager", if you click icon(1) to download with B-Fabric Download Manager on the same resource's page, it pops up a screen asking whether you want to resume the previously stopped download or to start a new one from scratch:
- When you click "Resume", it continues the download from where it has stopped:
- When you click "Restart", it starts a new download for the same resource:
- Alternatively, the jnlp file can also be used to resume the download in case it was stopped:
- When the download is completed, you see 100% with green color in the background in the "Done" column:
- When you click the "Close" button, the folder location where the resource was downloaded will appear:
- All files that can be download with the B-Fabric DownloadManager can also be accessed with a command-line tool.
- Authentication and authorization are based on a cookie.
- The cookie can be fetched by login to the FGCZ Single-Sign-On page.
- The cookie is only valid for one project and expires after 24 hours.
- As the cookie is the key to your data, keep it as secret as you want your data.
- The URL to your data is not the one of the HTTP Download. HTTP Download has its own authentication.
- You can find the links in the jnlp-file you get by pressing the Download button in B-Fabric.
- Usually it is the URL of the HTTP Download, by adding /dm/ after the hostname.
- get the cookie from FGCZ Single-Sign-On
$ curl -c cookie -u username 'https://fgcz-sso.uzh.ch/?project=projectid'
- use the cookie to get the data:
$ curl -b cookie "https://fgcz-gstore.uzh.ch/dm/p123/..."
$ wget --load-cookie cookie "https://fgcz-gstore.uzh.ch/dm/p123/..."